Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Heart Breaking Tale That is A Must Read. June Spears Featured Author of the Month






 Heart breaking is the only way to describe the book that is being featured today. With that said I want to commend Ms. Spears for her courage and honesty.




 June Spears

My Hero Is My Monster






  I stood in the tenth story window, my eyes bloodshot and tears flowing. The monster in my bedroom had tormented me day and night for the past ten years. The police placed him in handcuffs while he stared up at me with hatred and sinister grin. I knew him too well. I knew what kind of cruelty he was capable of. Knowing that his memory would haunt me for the rest of my life, the only way I could get him out of my mind was to end my life right here, right now. My mother screamed at me from below that she would never forgive me for what I had done. I had broken her delusion of a happy home. Rage and resentment swelled my body and soul. She was my mother. Wasn’t she supposed to love me, protect me, from monsters like him? I could not understand why, why she let him hurt me, why she sat back and did nothing? I bowed my head in shame as the neighbors stared through their windows and gossiped to themselves. A crowd had formed and people were stopping and pulling over to the side of the road, watching with utter disbelief. I could not face seeing anyone ever again. Not with them knowing the truth. What would they think of me? I will be the talk of this small town forever. My hands were sweaty and my knees became weak beneath me.My heart raced so face it felt like it would explode inside of me. Before I could convince myself to turn around, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, spreading my arms out wide as if to fly I turned and fell backward off the window sill.




Bio


Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, June E Spears had spent her early years writing mostly poems and school songs. However, she could not escape the allure of storytelling and quickly began studying to become a novelist. She began by reading every chance she had. Mostly Fantasy and Romance novels, June's love of writing was uncontrollable. Once she began typing, she never stopped.

June is best known for her Fantasy Novelette Series "The Blood Moon Chronicles". She is a single mother to her only daughter Isabella Rose.

No comments: